Tripoli. Libya. View of the imposing facade of the former Catholic cathedral and now Grand Mosque or Mosque of Masjed Jamal Abdel Nasser. Located on Algeria Square or Maidan al-Jazayir, the neo –Romanesque structure was built in 1928 during the Italian occupation and was converted into a Mosque in 1970 after the coup and revolution. In the foreground are two traffic police directing the traffic around the busy square.