Ancient Agora. Athens. Greece. View of the Stoa of Attalos, a beautifully restored colonnaded building in the Agora. Constructed by King Attalos II of Pergamon between years 159 – 138 BC, it is thought to be used as offices and shops and administrative centre. It is a two-storeyed building with Doric columns fronting the ground floor exterior with Ionic columns splitting the interior long pillared hall into two aisles. The upper floor is fronted by Ionic columns. The building was faithfully reconstructed in 1953-56 and is used a museum to house finds form the Agora site.