Ancient Agora. Athens. Greece. View from within the slight remains of the Odeion of Agrippa in the central area of the Agora. The Odeion, built by Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa son in law of Emperor Augustus in 15 BC, was a roofed building, with a two-storeyed portico, a semicircular orchestra and could accommodate 1000 spectators. It was destroyed by the Herulians in 267 AD. In 400 AD, the Palatial Palace was built over the remains of the Odeion of Agrippa, the Palace was a large complex consisting of courtyards, gardens, baths and numerous rooms.