Ancient Agora. Athens. Greece. View of the colossal statues of Giants and Tritons on pedestals that were part of the monumental entrance to the Palatial Palace in the central area of the Agora. The huge statues were originally from and salvaged from the Odeion of Agrippa which was destroyed by the Herulians in 267 AD. The Palatial Palace, built in 400 AD over the remains of the Odeion of Agrippa, was a large complex consisting of courtyards, gardens, baths and numerous rooms. The Odeion, built by Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa son in law of Emperor Augustus in 15 BC, was a roofed chamber, with a two-storeyed portico and could accommodate 1000 spectators.