Photography has been the one constant in my life from the time I purchased my first SLR (film) for a trip to Europe many years ago. The journey was memorable in that presented to me the power of photography to document, illuminate and enhance experiences.
Since that auspicious trip I have created images that represent different places, aspects and ages of life on Earth. I love capturing delicate beauty of mother nature and uniqueness of our living planet but also legacies of mankind’s past where former grand cities and buildings that were once wonders are intriguingly even more magnificent in ruins.
An eternal traveller, my quests and adventures have extended from my home in Melbourne Australia to North Africa and the Middle East, throughout the Mediterranean, and Europe, and the North and South American continents.
With each journey, I discovered more about me and world around me. However, in saying that, I always end up with more questions than answers and thus on many occasions I turn to historical wiser souls for clarity and enlightenment.
My strengths include listening, thinking imaginatively and capturing compelling and high-quality imagery. My resilience and pride drive me get the job done on time and on budget.
I’ve made it my life’s ambition to be original, sharing and evolving, and I use this passion for educating, inspiring and fulfilling the requests and desires of my clients via my work such as creating compelling images or through my workshops and lectures.
Select Client List
- Lonely Planet
- Rough Guides
- National Gallery of Art, Washington
- The J. Paul Getty Museum
- Getty Publications
- Cavendish Square Publishing
- Amber Books Ltd
- The Guardian
- Cambridge University Press
- Oxford University Press
- TCM Publishing
- Conde Nast Traveller
- Tatler Magazine
Select Career Highlights
- Images featured in exhibitions held at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles and the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC.
- Produced and presented the lecture ‘Photographic Odyssey of the Ancient Greek World’ held in Melbourne Australia.
- Thousands of my images have been licensed globally for academic and history books and magazines and newspapers.
- One of the very few world Photographers to have visited and capture images of ancient archaeological sites (now either damaged or destroyed) in Syria and Libya before the conflicts began.